This is a 3 year programme spread over in 6 semesters and leading to a degree in B.Pharm lateral entry. The programme is tailor made to train the students to play an important role in community pharmacy and to assist the pharmacy industry at various levels. The course will be predominantly based on practice and interaction with a strong focus on the healthcare system. This will enable the students to practice pharmacy profession in a strong, skillful and well determined manner.
- B. Pharm lateral entry (to second year/third semester) - D. Pharm passed from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
- Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
Provided that there shall be reservation of seats for the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government/State Government/Union Territory Administration as the case may be from time to time.
Course Duration : 3 Years.
Seats : 6
Practical Training : The student is required to undergo practical training of 150 hrs either in (A) Pharmacy Practice (Hospital/Community pharmacy) or (B) Pharmaceutical and allied Industries spread over a period of not less than one month during the course of study after second year.
Examination body : Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun
Medium of Instruction & Examinations : English
Syllabus : The syllabus for each subject of study shall be as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India from time to time.
LINK : http://www.pci.nic.in/pdf/Syllabus_B_Pharm.pdf
Scope : Students can expect lucrative careers in:
- Hospitals & nursing homes in managerial positions or as Chief Pharmacists.
- They can also look forward for a bright future as Health Administrator, Health System coordinator, Planner / Analyst in community care access centres and for Govt. / Private health care center.
- Drug Inspectors in Government departments.
- Plenty of scope in drug manufacturing industry.
- Option for proceeding on further higher studies